Chicago is always a popular destination for weddings, and it will be even more so this year when the Illinois law recognizing same-sex marriage takes effect on June 1.
How can you have your dream wedding in the Chicago area without breaking the bank? Hold it in DuPage County!
DuPage is a great choice for a Chicagoland wedding because of its convenience, affordability and accessibility to a wide variety of wedding and reception venues, hotels and resorts in every price range and comfort level for your guests, and world-class restaurants for related events. Add lots of service-oriented people eager to help with your every need, and your wedding is sure to be amazing!
Just 20 miles west of Chicago, close to both O’Hare and Midway International Airports, and within a day’s drive of over half the nation’s population, DuPage is ideal for guests converging from anywhere in the world.
DuPage County’s 100+ hotels and resorts offer over 16,000 guest rooms and consistently high levels of comfort, service and convenience, with the added bonuses of affordability, low taxes and plenty of free parking.
Looking for a wedding that’s a little out of the ordinary? Here are just a few of many options in DuPage County:
- Hold your ceremony outdoors surrounded by the breath-taking splendor of The Morton Arboretum or Cantigny Park.
- Share your vows with exotic animals looking on at the world-famous Brookfield Zoo.
- Celebrate your nuptials in a replica of the Portiuncula Chapel in Assisi, Italy, on the grounds of the historic Mayslake Peabody Estate or in an elegant 1864 Gothic Revival style chapel at Naper Settlement.
- Simplify your big day by having both your wedding ceremony and reception at one of several spectacular resort hotels, and add to the convenience by booking your guest room block there.
- Satisfy your quirkier side by holding your nuptials on the outdoor patio at Pinstripes, followed by a feast of Italian food and wine – and fun with bowling and bocce ball.
No one is better equipped to help budget-conscious couples than the professional wedding planner team at the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau. We offer a host of complimentary “Signature Services” to help make your planning experience a breeze and allow you to create a wedding that’s just your style, such as:
- Selecting the perfect wedding venue, along with wedding shower, rehearsal dinner and reception locations
- Finding hotel wedding package and accommodation options for you and your guests
- Locating service providers, such as florists, caterers, photographers, DJs, limo service and more
- Gathering information on the best shopping and spas for pre-wedding preparations
- Helping with wedding weekend itineraries and welcome packets of area information for your out-of-town guests
When it comes to your nuptials, you can count on the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau to help you put together an event that’s positively memorable. Contact Miriam at 630.575.8070, extension 208, for more information on planning your dream wedding in DuPage County.
BONUS! Book your hotel block of 15 or more rooms or your reception through the DuPage CVB and receive $250 toward your wedding registry!