August 29, 2020
Celebrate the end of summer with the second annual BBQ Bolt Run/Walk event on Saturday, Aug. 29! Starting and finishing at McCollum Park, the BBQ Bolt brings the community together for fun and fitness followed by a post-race Picnic in the Park featuring BBQ, beverages and festivities! Choose to participate in the 5K run/walk or the 1-mile walk. Both distances are open to all ages, strollers and dogs (must be on leash). Groups of 4 or more can create a team to receive a $5 discount per person! Registration is available online only at bbqbolt.org.
• Finisher’s medal
• Short-sleeve technical T-shirt (guaranteed if registered by Aug. 7)
• Post-race Picnic in the Park including BBQ meal (or vegetarian option), beer and lemonade
• 5K only: Awards will be given to the overall top 3 male and female finishers
• 5K only: Age category awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in eight age divisions
• No awards will be given for 1-mile course
• Chip timed
• Open to runners and walkers
• Participants must keep at least a 16-minute pace
• Course begins and ends at McCollum Park and takes place in the neighborhood east of the park
• Not timed
• Open to walkers only
• Course will take place on the path that loops around McCollum Park
The Downers Grove Park District anticipates that social distancing requirements and additional event modifications may be required in August for the BBQ Bolt. We are planning for potential modifications and are working with our race management provider to develop adjustments such as starting the race in heats of smaller groups, etc. Additional information will be provided in August.