The Itasca Historical Museum was the original Itasca Train Depot built in 1873. In 2013 the Depot was reopened after a 3-year restoration bringing it back to its original look. A 1939 Milwaukee Road Rib-side Caboose numbered 01839 was also acquired and restored to its original bright orange appearance with all new doors, windows and wood interior. A parking lot, pathways, and a picnic shelter were also added to create a beautiful campus. Kids love the interactive train display in the Depot which looks like Itasca in the late 1800’s with bells and whistles. Free Admission on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11am-4pm and the 1st and 2nd Saturdays each month from 9am-2pm. For information on programs and birthday parties, please visit our website.