The DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau’s grant program was created to help the communities of DuPage County and member hotels bring new meetings, conferences and sports group business to member hotel properties, thereby increasing hotel tax collections and economic impact for the state and DuPage communities. The DuPage CVB will award incentives to groups by way of matching financial grants from municipalities and the DuPage CVB.
Funds must be obligated in the current year but will be expended only after the conclusion of the group’s meeting or event, and room nights have been consumed. Eligibility will be determined by the executive director, the director of sales of the DuPage CVB and the communities’ village or city manager once the application has been submitted by the hotel.
Member hotels must be in good standing with the DuPage CVB at the time of commitment, as well as the time of actualized rooms. If not, full payment for the incentive fund becomes the responsibility of the municipality involved. All municipalities in DuPage are eligible to participate. Communities that do not financially support the DuPage CVB will be assessed a $150 administration fee per actualized lead.
- This program is available for meetings, conferences or tournaments booked by an organization in a member property.
- Grants may be awarded to groups with business previously bid on, but not previously booked.
- The intent of this program is to bring large-group room nights of 150 or more; however, smaller groups may be considered based on the application, needs, season, etc.
- Grant award will be based upon the quality of the piece of business and its benefits to the community.
- Since rapid response time to a meeting planner's request for proposal (RFP) is crucial to win business - often within 24 hours to remain competitive, the DuPage CVB will review and approve the incentive request within one business day. The DuPage CVB will immediately communicate with the qualifying village or city manager and subsequently supply them with a copy of the lead and any additional documentation.
- This incentive can be offered for leads received by the DuPage CVB that are designated for DuPage County member hotels or for tournaments that impact DuPage County hotels. Facilities or hotels may also apply with leads that were sent to them directly.
- If a grant is awarded, the lead is to be treated as booked business and claimed by the DuPage CVB.
- The following group market segments are eligible for funding: corporate (based outside of the DuPage County region), association (state, regional or national), fraternal, hobby/niche, non-profit, religious, or sports (held onsite within DuPage County).
- Social events (family/class reunions, weddings and other social groups), local corporate-based groups, and local sports teams are not eligible to receive financial support from the county or DuPage CVB. However, exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis with communication from the village manager.
- Compliance to Illinois Office of Tourism's Local Tourism Convention Bureau (LTCB) state grant rules and regulations is required, including logo placement, correct use of graphics, and inclusion of DuPage CVB and municipality logos on collateral materials and signage.
- In order to participate in this program, a municipality must agree to provide a dedicated funding amount in writing via promissory note to the DuPage CVB. The DuPage CVB will provide communication and reporting on all group incentives used, amount of hotels actualized, and amount of economic impact generated to village or city officials.
- The DuPage CVB requires a pilot program request form/application to be completed by a hotel or venue for all proposals where the incentive is being requested in order to be considered and approved for funding.
- The meeting name, date(s), number of attendees, room block pattern and contact name(s) must be provided to the DuPage CVB for its records. The DuPage CVB will not release information about the grantee to other hotels.
- All copies of signed contracts, grant application, checks, reports of consumed room nights, economic impact and any other financial documents will be sent to the community for their records.
- Payment for this program will not be made until the end of the event, minimum room nights are actualized, and confirmation is received by all parties.
- Payment will be made directly to the group by the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau once the required post-event paperwork is finalized and funds have been received by the DuPage CVB from participating communities' finance departments.
- No more than $10,000.00 will be paid to any one group by the DuPage CVB in any one fiscal year. Once the DuPage CVB portion is expended, 100% of any additional funding must come from a participating community and county.
- This program is dependent upon the DuPage CVB's receipt of its Local Tourism and Convention Bureau (LTCB) grant funding and will be in lieu of any other previously agreed-upon bureau spending on the event.
DuPage Communities: Addison, Aurora, Bartlett, Batavia, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Darien, Downers Grove, Elk Grove Village, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hanover Park, Hinsdale, Itasca, Lemont, Lisle, Lombard, Naperville, Oak Brook, Oakbrook Terrace, Roselle, Schaumburg, St. Charles, Villa Park, Warrenville, Wayne, West Chicago, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook, Winfield, Wood Dale, Woodridge.