We at Alter Brewing welcome all people interested in unique craft beers and its vibrant culture to come and share the experience with others who share your passion for delicious beer, amazing company, music and of course… fun.
Alter Brewing first opened in December of 2015 in the suburb of Downers Grove, just 22 miles West of Chicago. The diverse team at Alter brings their varied experience to bear as they strive to brew beer of the highest quality that is approachable to novices and beer enthusiasts alike.
The brewery features a state of the art American-made 20-barrel brew house and a beautiful modern-industrial taproom that is open 7 days a week. Visitors can enjoy a variety of delicious beer styles on the 12 rotating taps, as well as various canned and barrel-aged beer offerings throughout the year. In addition, the taproom hosts a multitude of events like trivia, Brews & Yoga, craft classes, and more.
- Other Restaurant Type: Brewery
- Miles From O'Hare Airport: 22
- Miles From Midway Airport: 26
- Miles From DuPage Airport: 20
- Miles From Downtown Chicago: 26
- Miles To Metra Station: 1
- Closest Metra Line: Metra Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Line
- Closest Metra Station: Belmont Ave.
- Miles To I-290: 15
- Miles To I-294: 11
- Miles To I-355: 1
- Miles To I-55: 7
- Miles To I-88: 4
- Miles To I-90: 22
- On-Site Parking Available:
- Wireless Internet Access in Common Area:
- Equal Accessibility:
- American Express:
Hours of Operation
- Open Daily:
- Open Year Round:
- Open Christmas Eve:
- Open New Year's Eve:
- Description Private functions: 250 Cocktail • 100-120 Seated in The Barrel Room 50 Cocktail • 35 Seated in The Loft
- Largest Room 1800
- Reception Capacity 250
- Theatre Capacity 125
- Allow Outside Caterers
- Available for Private Events
- Meeting/Banquet/Exhibit Space Available?
- Wireless Internet Access - Meeting Rooms
- Maximum # of Guests for Private Events 250
- Banquet Space
- Private Dining Space Available
- Banquet Capacity 125
- Number of Rooms 2
- Classroom Capacity 100