DuPage County Hotel Relief Program
The program is open to all hotels located in DuPage County who meet eligibility requirements. Funding is from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), approved and allocated by the DuPage County Board and administered by the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau.
DCVB is pleased to announce the availability of $2 million in federal ARPA funds for eligible DuPage County hotels at a critical time when hotels are facing significant headwinds. Different from other federal programs, the DuPage County Hotel Relief Program is not a loan program that requires repayment or a matching grant. It is a county-approved, one-time distribution of ARPA funds directly to DuPage County's hard-hit hotels.
Each hotel deemed eligible will receive a one-time payment based on total number of hotel rooms, at $112 per room. All hotels are encouraged to apply through the simple application process.
Funds received under this program must be used for qualified expenses at the property level to assist in recovering transient, business and group travel or guest experience.
- Applicant must be a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, limited liability company or joint venture that owns and operates one or more lodging properties within DuPage County.
- Applicant must operate a hotel in DuPage County under a license issued by the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Applicant, if registered with the State of Illinois, is in good standing, organized, registers, or qualified by the date of the grant issuance.
- The applicant is not currently delinquent on any taxes owed to the Illinois Department of Revenue, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, or the Illinois Office of Tourism.
- The applicant has been in operation on or before March 3, 2021.
- The applicant has suffered lost revenue or incurred additional expenses at its eligible properties within DuPage County due to the COVID-19 public health emergency between March 1, 2020 and June 11, 2021.
- All expenses or losses incurred were not reimbursed and are not under consideration for reimbursement by another program, with the exception of the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association program for payroll, benefits and bonuses.
Two Zoom webinars were offered to provide an overview on the program and important details. Recording is below.
AUGUST 4, 2022
Program opens: August 3, 2022
Deadline for application submission: September 30, 2022
Two documents are required for application submission — a signed Application & Attestation Form and a completed W9 — both available below for download.
The W9 should be filled out to match the hotel ownership’s federal I.D. number for issuance of a 1099.
For ownership groups owning more than one hotel property in DuPage County, please fill out an individual Application & Attestation Form and W9 for each hotel property. Please ensure all appropriate ownership contact information is filled in on the Application & Attestation Form to ensure proper delivery of your one-time payment and 1099 form.
After downloading and completing the forms, please scan and submit them together in one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please reach out to DCVB Director of Sales Noonie Aguilar at (630) 575-8070 ext. 207.