Museum Building Has Been Reopened for Tours by Advance Appointment
The Addison Historical Museum is a three historic building complex. The museum is housed in the 1892 Balzer residence and contains displays on local Addison history, military history, antique musical instruments, decorative arts and toys. Behind the museum is the Coach House, which for many years served as the office for the Addison Township Clerk. Today, visitors can view the recreated clerk's office, a diorama of the Addison State Bank, and a farming display on the first floor of the building. On the second floor, quilts and tools depicting Addison's farming heritage are on display and an exhibit on the life of the rural homemaker of the late 19th-early 20th Century. Both the Balzer House and Coach House were moved from Lake Street to their current location in 1999. Next door to the museum is the Century House. Built in 1893 to house staff of St. Paul's Lutheran school, it has been restored to depict life in late Nineteenth Century Addison. The Addison Historical Museum is a collaborative effort of the Village of Addison and the Addison Historical Society. Currently, only the museum building is open for touring on Wednesday and Friday afternoons by making an appointment in advance. We plan to open the entire complex on Thursday evenings from 6-8 p.m. from July 1-August 26, 2021 as part of the Village Rock N Wheels event. Free admission. The museum also operates a local history archive. Please schedule an appointment in advance to access to the archives. For more information, contact the museum at 630-628-1433 or email email@example.com.
- Miles From O'Hare Airport: 7
- Miles From Midway Airport: 18
- Miles From DuPage Airport: 12
- Miles To Metra Station: 3
- Closest Metra Station: Villa Park, Illinois
- Area Parking Available:
Hours of Operation
- Open Memorial Day:
- Hours of Operation: Wednesdays and Fridays Noon to 4pm, June-August also open Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Work with Motorcoach/Group Tours:
- Description of Motorcoach/Group Tour Availability: Group tours are available by advanced appointment. Contact the museum at 630-628-1433 or email museum@Addison-il.org.
- Minimum # of People for Group Tour: 10
- Maximum # of People for Group Tour: 60