Find an energy in DuPage that feeds health and happiness, especially as spring brings new life, beautiful greenery, and a renewed sense of adventure. Get outside to soak in the natural vitamin D, try something new, and truly Discover DuPage.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
DuPage is a recreational playground, and at its core are the forest preserves. With numerous locations each with their own terrain and varying activities, create your list of must-see preserves and start taking in the beautiful landscapes, pathways and manicured gardens. Popular DuPage forest preserves include:
- Churchill Woods, Glen Ellyn
- Herrick Lake, Wheaton
- Mallard Lake, Hanover Park
- Pratt's Wayne Woods, West Chicago
- Warrenville Grove, Warrenville
- Waterfall Glen, Lemont
Click to view all DuPage Forest Preserves.
Illinois Prairie Path
Let's be honest--Chicagoland weather can be unpredictable in the spring. Regardless of the weather or your fitness level, the Illinois Prairie Path helps residents and visitors stay active year-round. The path is the first successful rail-to-trail conversion in the United States, spans over 40 miles in DuPage, and is a main artery connecting communities, quaint downtowns, forest preserves, and recreational trails.
Let your curiosity reign at one of many free DuPage museums and galleries, rich with history, extraordinary attention to detail, and compelling backstories.
- Addison Historical Museum
- Billy Graham Center Museum
- DuPage County Historical Museum
- Elmhurst History Museum (make sure you see In Pursuit of Happiness: Immigrants in Our Communities before it closes in May)
- Gallery 200
- Sheldon Peck Homestead, Lombard Historical Society
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art (free on Wednesdays)
- National Shrine and Museum of St. Therese
- Oakbrook Terrace Historical Society (open on Wednesdays)
- The Museums at Lisle Station Park
- Warrenville Historical Society
- West Chicago City Museum (open Thursday-Saturday)
- William L. Gregg Museum
Play at the Park
DuPage is home to several award-winning park districts with plentiful indoor and outdoor options. As the weather gets nicer, find an opportunity to visit one of them and create memories with loved ones in your local community.
FREE ART EVENTS & EXHIBITS
3/29-4/29 Boop-Oop-a-Doop: A Visual Voice of the African American Diaspora, Addison Center for the Arts
5/6-5/7 Art in Wilder Park, Elmhurst Art Museum
5/6-7/30 Superheroes in Wilder Park, Elmhurst
5/13 Sidewalk Art Contest, William L. Gregg House
FREE FESTIVALS & FUN
4/22 Earth Day Festival, The Forge: Lemont Quarries
4/29 Roselle Bockfest, Roselle
5/6-5/21 Lilac Time Festival, Lombard Park District
5/6-5/7 Sheep Shearing, Kline Creek Farm
Check our Calendar of Events, as new events are added weekly!